According to today’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report, 204,000 new jobs were created last month. This totals 1,053,000 created over the last six months! Combined with both: a) yesterday’s Commerce Department report that Gross Domestic Production (GDP) rose an unexpectedly high 2.8% in the 3rd quarter, which marked its fastest growth in a year! And b) several recent, successful, Initial Public Offering (IPO) launches, including Twitter whose share price skyrocketed 73% to $45.10 just 24 hours after its Wednesday launch, there is a lot of evidence that hiring is picking up momentum!
Furthermore, anecdotally, I have noticed that many of our clients have significantly ramped up hiring in the last few months (especially technical employees such as engineers and IT professionals). Unfortunately, few are prepared for this momentous recruiting increase.
As a result, we recommend a 360-degree audit of your staffing needs including:
- Full assessments of all departments’ requirements for the next 18 months.
- Thorough evaluations of your talent needs and comparisons to the current marketplace landscape including manpower availabilities versus your competitors’ needs and current efforts.
- Researching new methods for securing talent within your organization.
- Increasing the recruiting prowess of your hiring managers.
- Brainstorming sessions to discuss your actual and projected regulations and how they will affect abilities to secure key talent in the future.
To assist you, we have prepared a list of 12 key recruiting tips. Please go to http://www.strategicsearch.com/technical-recruiting-tips/technical-recruiting-tips.php to learn more.