- June 7, 2013
Hiring Picking Up Steam: Need A TALENT AUDIT!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) 340,000 new jobs have been created during the last two months. Furthermore, anecdotally, I have noticed that many of our clients have significantly ramped up hiring in the last few months (especially technical employees such as engineers and IT professionals). Unfortunately, few are prepared for this momentous recruiting increase.
As a result, we recommend a 360-degree audit of hiring company’s staffing needs including:
- Full assessments of all departments requirements for the next 18 months.
- Thorough evaluations of talent needs and comparisons to the current marketplace landscape including manpower availabilities versus their competitors’ needs and current efforts.
- Researching new methods for securing talent within the organization.
- Increasing the recruiting prowess of hiring managers.
- Brainstorming sessions to discuss actual and projected regulations and how they will affect abilities to secure key talent in the future.
To assist hiring companies, our technical recruiting firm has prepared a list of 12 key tips we recommend for recruiting. These will help you make the right recruiting decisions when either your internal management recruiters or your external recruiting agencies engage in either engineering, scientific, IT, manufacturing or technical recruiting. The key is these recruiting tips can be taught and learned with practice. Therefore, you need to acclimate your executive recruiting team into these suggestions.
Please go to http://www.strategicsearch.com/technical-recruiting-tips/technical-recruiting-tips.php to learn more.