- January 20, 2014
Improve Your Technical Recruiting Efforts!
The mission of each engineering recruiter at our engineering recruitment agency is to be on the constant look out for high quality engineers, scientists, IT and technical professionals to meet your engineering recruitment needs. This is but one example of the types of candidates our executive recruiting efforts can provide to meet your needs.
MULTI-INDUSTRY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING EXECUTIVE
Business Process Optimization Operational Excellence Change Management
More than 15 years of leadership driving sustainable improvement of key performance metrics within multiple industries and companies of all sizes. Have held corporate-wide and global responsibility, managing up to 20 direct reports in systematically redesigning and optimizing business processes, driving continuous improvement, and leading change initiatives that…
• Lower costs
• Simplify systems
• Solve safety issues
• Enhance quality • Improve productivity
• Increase efficiency
• Streamline business operations
• Strengthen customer relations
Uncommonly strong interpersonal and communication proficiencies. Especially skilled at building buy-in and support for process improvement and change management initiatives, even among initially change-resistant leadership teams and organizations. Work closely with functional managers to incorporate their experience and expertise into solutions; create a team atmosphere in which all stakeholders are engaged, involved, and invested in the changes and improvements.
Six Sigma Green Belt – Black Belt in progress MS and BS in Industrial Engineering
Ventura Foods, LLC – Brea, CA $2.5 billion food manufacturer 2010 – Present
DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS: Recruited by former boss for return to Ventura Foods as the business lead for the JD Edwards ERP deployment, leveraging prior experience to lead a team of 20 and effectively manage the business process change impact and associated change management challenges through the ERP deployment.
CONTRIBUTIONS SNAPSHOT: Faced with 11 manufacturing plants and 9 warehouses operating as 20 individual entities with little-to-no business process synergy, plus major additional challenges related to changing project managers, exceptionally tight timelines, and minimal dedicated resources, led team to meet or exceed every expectation and deliverable.
• Led team in conducting business process mapping and gap analysis in each facility; developed action and contingency plans, created communication and stakeholder management plan, provided training for each employee impacted by changes, and standardized business processes for key functions.
• Delivered first 2 ERP deployments 12% under budget, freeing funds to increase support staff which ultimately resulted in ~$2.7 million savings based on expedited deployment of remaining ERP modules.
• Consolidated 17 different tools and systems used by the operations team down to 5. Rolled out new business processes, producing real-time business results and improved efficiencies.
Informance International – Northbrook, IL $4+ million software company 2006 – 2010
EXECUTIVE ACCOUNT MANAGER / CLIENT SOLUTIONS MANAGER: Earned rapid promotion to account manager in a global territory driving development of new business and revenue within many of the company’s largest and most important accounts. Sold and drove consulting engagements to support implementation of the company’s data collection and performance metrics reporting software.
CONTRIBUTIONS SNAPSHOT: Ranked as company’s #1 sales executive and consultant, leveraging unique mix of experience, excellent analytical abilities, and strong interpersonal skills to forge strong relationships within accounts. Consulted directly with multiple-industry clients across a wide range of Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies, translating extensive operational metrics into actionable plans for continuous improvement that lowered expenses, eliminated inefficiencies, streamlined processes, and increased productivity.
• Developed and managed Informance’s largest account, propelling a $1 million increase in sales with the Fortune 500 packaged foods company the 1st year and continuing to grow the account year-over-year for the next 3 years.
• Positioned as the #1 sales executive company-wide for 3 straight years as an EAM, producing more that 33% of total company revenue. Outsold predecessor and colleagues by greater than 20% every year.
• Raised renewal rate on software maintenance contracts from 45% to 80%, and simultaneously increased maintenance revenue 150%. Repaired damaged relationships with 4 major accounts.
• Exceeded sales target of $1 million annually every year by a minimum of 20%. Played significant role in helping company grow from $2.5 million at hire to $4 million at its height.
• Managed and consulted within many key accounts, such as ConAgra, Clorox, Chevron, AkzoNobel, Cargill, Johnson & Johnson, Halliburton, Wyeth, Novartis, GlaxoSmithKlein, Coca Cola, and more.
Ventura Foods, LLC – Brea, CA $2.5 billion food manufacturer 2004 – 2006
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER: Supported and led the corporate-driven continuous improvement initiative. Facilitated and managed more than 30 Kaizen event teams.
CONTRIBUTIONS SNAPSHOT: In an effort complicated by the lack of standardized best practices and uniform operational performance metrics across the company’s 12 manufacturing facilities, led the corporate-wide continuous improvement initiative, producing ~$3 million in sustained savings and driving 5% improvement in overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) within 3 years, an achievement that was 2 years ahead of the corporate goal.
• Assembled process redesign team and led process mapping and associated manufacturing process redesign at the company’s largest plant. Successfully mitigated change management challenges associated with process redesign that impacted 30 hourly workers.
– Delivered $1.1 million annualized savings by eliminating process bottlenecks, loss, and waste.
– Increased productivity in the process area 400%.
– Reduced employee turnover rate 70%.
– Solved and mitigated a serious ergonomic problem, significantly reducing recordable safety incidents.
– Implemented similar process improvements in 3 other facilities, slashing overall process time 27%.
• Provided interim operations management that laid groundwork for the turnaround of a critical, failing facility in 3 months. Improved production efficiency 5%, eliminated customer complaints, and managed 3 new product line implementations. Led task force that resulted in new process for product development.
• Realized 100% ROI in less than 4 months as the project manager for the installation and implementation of an automated, lost-time data collection system.
Coors Brewing Company – Golden, CO 3rd largest brewer in the United States 2000 – 2004
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER: Recruited to lead the Throughput Optimization and Loss/Waste Reduction modules of company’s World Class Operations initiative. Indirectly coordinated the activities of 100s of employees. Created fully developed training curriculum for Throughput Optimization and business process criteria for Loss/Waste Analysis. Identified untapped opportunity to optimize filling operations across all manufacturing lines. Improved run times 43% to 80 hours across all filling lines in 3 months, producing $400,000 annualized savings and 4% increase in capacity.
Hershey Foods Corporation – Wheat Ridge, CO Largest chocolate manufacturer in North America 1997 – 2000
SENIOR ENGINEER / INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER: Managed $2 million annual capital budget and 20+related projects per year; drove manufacturing process improvement for the Denver plant with 200 employees and 25 production lines. Served as SAP trainer and Power User. With an investment of $150,000, delivered savings of $1.2 million annually and eliminated the #1 customer complaint and #1 safety issue. Developed production and supply chain performance measurement tool. Recipient of QTE Leadership Award for Innovation. Served as QTE Team Leader, coordinating team efforts in deploying 2 new products, implementing SAP, improving safety and quality, and cutting expenses ~$4 million.
EDUCATION: M.S. (1997) and B.S. (1995) in Industrial Engineering, FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY, Tallahassee
ASSOCIATIONS: Institute of Industrial Engineers American Society of Quality Quest International