- December 19, 2013
DO YOU NEED A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER?
- 10+ years research and product experience with the latest focus on wireless area special on wireless location technology area
- 10+ years of C/C++, Java, Matlab/Simulink, LabVIEW, and other programming languages on Windows/Linux development (UI application, device driver, algorithm implementation)
- Experience in innovation and writing intellectual property disclosures
- Highly motivated on new projects and troubleshooting with the effective ability to work independently and as a team member on group projects
BlackBerry, Rolling Meadows, IL 02/2010 –Present
Member of Technical Staff – Advanced Technology (02/2010 – 02-2012)
Senior Member of Technical Staff – Advanced Technology (02/2012 – present)
Serving as a member of technical staff at BlackBerry, my main responsibilities are related to location technology research including algorithms design and development, data harvesting and analysis, DB design and development, and other new BlackBerry 7, and BB10 product related activities.
- Working with a third party company to prototype and evaluate new indoor positioing solutions on BB platforms and Android platforms to meet FCC E911 phase II requirement
- Cellular (2G/3G/LTE) location technology algorithms design and development over BlackBerry global DB
- Leading indoor position estimation and indoor navigation research using WiFi, FM, and sensor technologies among local and remote peers
- Prototype of hybrid positioning system design and development
- Evolve Edge new chipset test software package design and development
- KF/EKF design and development for new product related research to improve touch screen user experiences
- New product performance testing (browser, RF, and other new product feature testing) and more than 8 beta involved.
- Several patent applications and RIM trade secrets
- Mentor and manage several Ph.D. interns
PhoenixDyno LLC, Milwaukee, WI 03/2009 – 02/2010 Software Engineer Lead
Worked as core software engineer lead in a strong team, perform advanced software and electrical design to meet overall system performance.
- Control and Instrumentation system (LightSpeed) design and development suitable for all Motorcycle, Chassis, and Engine dynamometer models
- Realtime control system integration and implementation
- PID and intelligent advanced control algorithm research
- Emission control analyzer driver development and integration for Engine and Chassis Dynamometers
Caterpillar, Mossville, IL 03/2008 – 02/2009
As controls engineer, coordinate and lead the cross-functional teams with Electronic-Hydraulic system design, development, field test, and operations to deliver robust heavy duty machine products.
- Embedded software and components development based on powertrain, engine and implementation ECM
- Manage, Coordinate, & Integrate Electronic-Hydraulic control systems for Caterpillar off-highway machines
- Machine Validation, Verification, and Tuning of Electronic – Hydraulic control system based on ECM machine software
- Create and document test plan on test bench and trouble shooting manual
- Develop control algorithms for machine EH control systems using Real-time Workshop, Simulink, and MATLAB
- Major Project management and design experiences – Pipelayer (PL72, PL61), Large Wheel Loader (992/993/994/988), Medium Wheel Loader(938), Track Type Tractor(D5R, D6R, D8T, D9T, D10T, D11T)
Taylor Dynamometer Inc, New Berlin, WI 08/2005 – 03/2008
Worked as a lead software engineer in engineering team, design, development, upgrade and support all Taylor data acquisition and control system platforms including DynPro, DynTek, and WinDyn.
- Design and implemented the advance PID tuning algorithms on embedded controllers to improve the engine dyno control performance
- Kenworth Chillicothe Heavy Duty Truck CO. Customized dynamometer data acquisition system design and development with wireless control
- PLC (Mitsubishi & Siemens) based Dyno control and monitor system maintenance and upgrade
- USB based data acquisition and control system design for dynamometer applications
- DynPro globalization (support 13 languages)
- Engine PAR project (Engine, Gen set control. cooperate with Engineers from Caterpillar)
Hinnovation, Milwaukee WI 5/2001-10/2001
Internship (Visual C/C++)
This was a 6 months software project involving more than 20 C++ classes.
- Graphic User Interface (GUI) program design and development for 2D/3D medical image (MR/CT) processing using MFC and ATL
- Medical image (MR/CT) Image-processing and viewing application implementation
– Medical image database access application development through network
– OO design for 2D and 3D image class implementation
– Medical image visualization (2D/3D) application development (image zoom, rotate, flip, crop, threshold…)
– Graphical algorithms development
Marquette University EECE, Milwaukee WI 8/2000-08/2005
PhD Candidate (Research and Teaching)
- Fuzzy PID Control (part of thesis)
Propose a new self-PID-tuning algorithm using fuzzy logic, optimal control, and numerical optimization techniques and apply it in several applications.
- Pattern Recognaizaion
– Decision tree, Genetic Algorithm, Neural Network, Artificial Intelligence, and Fuzzy logic
- Model Analysis and Identification
– Stochastic model analysis (Kalman Filter)
– Instrumental Variable (IV) method
Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P. R. China 7/1998-6/2000
Software Lead Engineer
BEPC is a China national lab. Worked as a software engineer in control department (40 people), main tasks were control system software development and maintenance (C/C++), High Energy Physics research project implementation.
- BB 7, PlayBook, and BlackBerry 10 phone OS service and apps development using QNX C/C++,
Android platform app development, Java, Cascades, and Adobe flash
- Computer language: C/C++, Matlab/Simulink, Python, Java, LabVIEW, Adobe Flash, VB/VBA, Fortran, Assembling, Perl, SQL Server, Postgres, mysql, and HTML
- Control and Instrumentation: GPIB, RS232/485, USB, TCP/IP, VME/Vxworks, DAQ, SAE J1708/1939, CDL, PLC, PID, PCI/PXI, Motorola 6800, and Intel 8051
- Hands-on experience of oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer and other instrument hardware
- System modeling and estimation, feedback control system, and filter design
- Software version control tool experience: Perforce, Git, Clear Case, Microsoft soft source, NI SCC
- Six Sigma training, FMEA training and project management experiences
2000 – 2006 Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
1995-1998 M.S in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
1989-1993 Bachelor in Computer Science, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Bachelor of Computer Science